Wednesday, May 17, 2017

#79 Butterflies +L is for Layers and/or the colour Cream

Welcome back to my Butterfly Challenge. Winners results for #78 are in the post below. They didn't publish earlier but they are there now so please make sure you check back as it could be you. Unclaimed prizes go back into the pot and there have been a few! Thankyou all so much for continuing to play along.
I'm very pleased to announce the set of themes and colours for the coming year. I have thrown the letters up in the air this time round and the mix will be that the themes and colours will not be the same letter for each challenge. I have also sorted out some new prizes too.

I'm delighted to introduce you to my next Guest Designer.

Alice P.
(Winner of #75)

I'm an italian teacher (of primary school).
I live with my six(!) kitties in a little country hill near the sea.
I started my blog in May 2014. I have always played with papers, glue and colours, but I have known cardmaking/crafting world only recently, when I bought my first Big Shot and some dies... Such a fabulous invention is it!
I like learning and try new things and always look at the amazing works of the so many talented crafter in Blogland.
I like to recycle, not only for an ecological and economical factor, but also because everything can be re-invented. When I was a kid, my Grandmother taught me to throw away the less possible, because everything can be looked with different eyes and used in different ways. She made me small boats with hulls of walnut-tree, and dolls with a knotting handkerchief... She preserved the papers of my Easter eggs, and then I made collage and decorated boxes with them. I enjoyed those papers!
So, now I hate wasting...I'm a compulsive hoarder :D
I love so much all the colours, the "girly style", animals, flowers and nature and all the sweet things make me happy!
Hope you like my little works and I can't wait to see yours!

Alice  has chosen 

the letter L for Layers which has been teamed with C for the colour of Cream.

So I would like to see lots and lots of layers on your creations  and the colour cream . The colour not  have to be the whole card it can just be a cream bow or ribbon/ lace or design paper.

You may choose to use just the letter/theme + butterfly or use the colour +butterfly.
If you make your project using both the theme  letter and the colour +butterfly you will be eligible for going into a second draw to win an additional prize.

Please note that this challenge will run for 4 Weeks
(and will therefore close on 13th June.) 

Here is Alice's card for you.

Here is a close up of the sparkly butterfly.


Please visit Alice on her blog  Here for more details.
Thankyou  Alice for being my Guest Designer for #79.

Please take the  Guest Designer badge from the side bar.

Here is my inspiration for you.

Simply layered up but is it? 
Appearances can be deceiving .

Check my  blog Here to see what's inside!

The Winner may choose one item from the following prizes.

Leonie Pujol embossing folder ' Entwined  Frame'  + Xcut  Butterfly die
 with extra goodies to complete a card or two.


To go with the above you may choose 
either
Selection  (A)


or
Selection (B) 


Each selection contains the following:
Flower pressed paper
Thanks stamp
Ribbon/lace edging  
Brass picture frame
Painted wooden butterfly buttons
Doily
Hunkdory printed image



The additional prize available if
using both Layers  and the colour Cream  along  with your Butterfly
is
Nellie Snellen
Double fold die
appro size 2" x 2.75".


Please be sure to read all the rules on the tab above
and enter your creations in Mr Linky below.
Please also state if you are only playing for fun.
Happy crafting and see you soon.

22 comments:

Aquarius said...

Can't believe I'm first past the post - I was actually playing around with some cream card when I spotted the theme so quickly added a butterfly!!

Alice (scrAPpamondo) said...

Thank you for the honour to be again your GD for the Butterfly Callenge, Mrs A! And for the badge, too!
Your card is a delight! I'm curious to see what's inside! :D I'm going to read your post.
Hugs

brenda said...

So thrilled to see Alice is the Guest Designer this time round and adore her card and beautiful Roses, it's always a pleasure to visit her blog and makes me think hard and remember my Italian. Your card is also lovely Valery, the Butterflies look so pretty against the newsprint background.

B x

paperpapier said...

awesome cards from the dts...!

Jenny L said...

Hi Mrs A,
congrats to Allice on her GD spot.
Her card is very pretty and such wonderful layers too, and what a gorgeous butterfly.
I love your wonderful buuterflies on your card, and the design and layers are so super.
Thank you for another super challenge and all your hard work involved.
Lots of crafty love. Jenny L.

Preeti D. (aka Dutt Preety) said...

thanks for the beautiful inspiration :)
hugs
preeti

April said...

What lovely cards! Love the inspiration. Thanks for the opportunity to win!

Dr Sonia S V said...

What gorgeous creations! My entry is special as I used the butterflies won at the butterfly Challenge many moons ago!
Cheers
Dr Sonia

Janis said...

Such exquisite samples from you and Alice!!! Just beautiful and so creative! Thank you for another fun and wonderful challenge.
<3 J

jwoolbright at gmail dot com
HerPeacefulGarden.blogspot.com

Vivian Foo said...

Very inspiring creations, love them all.

TracyM #6773 said...

DELIGHTFUL INSPIRATION - WOW!

Doris Klein said...

Amazing DT works

Hugs
Doris
Kleido’s BastelStüble
*Owner* Do-Al(l) Kreatives (#5 – May- let your heart speak)
*DT* Die Sketchtanten

AlisonC said...

I've made it for a flutter round the garden. Some of these creations are amazing and make mine look very humble. x

Carol L said...

Congratulations to Alice for being your guest designer this week, and her card is fabulous as are all of her creations! I love your card too Mrs A - those butterflies are just stunning! I'm glad to be playing along again after such a long absence :)

Karenladd said...

Wow Alice...your card is just exquisite! I also share the tendency to hoard items that might come in handy for crafting...but the trick is to actually use them and not just store them, isn't it.

mamapez5 said...

Well, I didn't expect to make it in time for this challenge but then I saw it was open for a month, so I got there after all. I love the colours and the butterflies on the inspiration cards. Now I am going to look at other folks creations too. Kate x

Darnell said...

Incredible creations from both of you and congrats to Alice on guesting! I'm just playing for fun, Anne!! Hugs, Darnell

KandA said...

Congrats to Alice on her DT spot and fabulous cards from both of you. I've managed to make a card to join in but only playing for fun xx

Shaz in Oz.CalligraphyCards said...

Hi there Mrs A.... yeeharrrr, 😁 I actually made it, hard to believe.. I've the L is for layers in my card as no cream in sight.
Love both your card and sweet Alice's too, how well they suit their design and elements to the challenge. Thanks so much and big congrats to Alice a very worthy GDT indeed.
Shaz in Oz.c

Di said...

Wonderful work and am also so pleased I managed to join in this time!

Hugs

Di xx

Claire said...

Oh this looks fun, I may well indulge next time. Lots of inspiration amongst all the pretty cards x

brenda said...

Lovely to see so many entries and Alice as the GDT.

I hope there are sufficient layers in my entry, if not totally understand.

B x